Lest we forget all the good people who made the greatest sacrifice.
Check out full details here… Comment if you think Frank still has any power or authority>
The upshot of such arbitrary decision means that $480,000 will go to FFP, $225,000 to Sodelpa and $45,000 to NFP.
All rules governing staffing and conduct under civil service rules has been hurled out of the window and parties can hire any one they want and the plan is to let parties keep the surplus.
In four years FFP will have received $1.9 of taxpayers funds. The party has less cost of operating their office [only 2 staff for 12 backbenchers) and the rest are Minsters and Assistant Ministers].
The FFP will net a surplus of $1.2 million.
Fijileaks Editor: STOP PRESS – See Letter below to Mick Beddoes that supports our contention; NFP has also received similar revocation letters for its parliamentary staff. While accusing Khaiyum of trying to render Opposition ineffective, NFP leader Biman Prasad says the S-G’s action is ILLEGAL!
DID YOU KNOW that the next parliament sitting will be an interesting & eventful one for our beloved nation in the year 2015.
Questions that citizens of Fiji like me would like answered at the next Parliament sitting :
(1) Why did the Minister of Communications (Hon Aiyaz Sayed Khaiyum) issue only a 6 months broadcast license to Fiji TV (despite a newcomer, FBC TV which is headed by his brother issued with a 12 year term license), notwithstanding the FACT the I – Taukei Trust Fund and Ministry of Fijian Affairs Board (both come under the Hon Ratu Voreqe Bainimarama) are THE majority shareholder of FHL(Class B shareholders) & indirectly majority shareholder of Fiji TV? The Govt MP’s themselves in our democratic country should be asking the same in their next meeting to their own LYING colleague. What are the “REASONS” for the 6 months license moreso when FHL gives dividends back to its Class B shareholders who then use the funds to build & develop our nation. What does FBC give to the Govt of Fiji & how much do they give? Look & compare the monetary contribution from FHL & FBC.
(2) When will the FBC audited accounts be made available? I am told that it should be at the end of this month? All Govt owned broadcasters around the world (eg: ABC, BBC, etc) are termed as ‘public broadcasters’ & therefore do not operate at a commercial level like “Fiji TV & Mai TV’. Why is our democratically elected Govt
still allowing FBC to operate commercially to the FACT that only FBC can have both radio & TV entities & other broadcasters cannot (eg: Fiji TV can only run a TV station & not radio or print)??. If the audited accounts show that FBC is making losses – it is only right that FBC reverts back to its public broadcaster status & our democratically elected Govt diverts the annual grant to FBC to other much needed Govt funded operational areas. Bring out the FBC audited accounts to the people of Fiji.
(3) When will the Hon ASK relinquish all Dept of Communications & Information portfolios given that these two (2) positions work with all Broadcasters including FBC – “conflict of interest”. Surely, there are competent current Govt backbenchers who can take up these 2 positions. Qualifications for this position (my personal view) : –
a) “passion to serve the nation & to do what is beneficial for ALL & not one;
b) ethical & person of integrity (certainly one that does not LIE, LIE & LIE like Hon Aiyaza Sayed – Khaiyum) in Parliament. Please note that a Law Degree or Masters Degree in Law is not a requisite to the position – just an ethical & honest person is the MQR (minimum qualification requirement).
(4) Why did the Hon ASK see or feel the need to LIE to in Parliament & to the people of Fiji on the WR debacle in the last Parliament Sitting to save face for him and FBC?. Did he also LIE to his own Govt Member of Parliament?
In any democratic country like our beloved Fiji, a LYING Member of Parliament (either from Govt or in Opposition MUST stand down & resign from all portfolios that they hold) & leave the House.
(5) Did the Hon ASK LIE to his own party MPs who then voted against the motion brought by the Opposition to remove the WR events from the Television (Cross Carriage of Designated Events) Decree 2014 (Decree No 14 of 2014) in the last parliament sitting. His own MPs should be asking him this question in their next meeting.
Remember, remember & remember Hon ASK, the agreement with WR which Fiji TV was part of – all WR events must be removed from the Television Cross Carriage Decree by 5th Feb, 2015. No removal, no Wellingtons 7s feed, Hong Kong & possibly Rugby World Cup 2015 not coming in to Fiji. And please do not LIE about this…you saw first hand the anger of our nation when the Dubai 7s leg did not come in all thanks to your LIES. You released the curses of the nation to our Govt MPs and their families including those that supported FFP & stood for FFP – very selfish of you. Thank goodness we have intercessors in our families.
All funds paid by broadcasters to televise exclusive rights on WR products in turn helps our financially ailing Fiji Rugby Union. So, if Fiji does not get the feed – WR in my view reduces funding to FRU. Just refer to the 2 WR letters from Susan Ahearn – both on Fiji Leaks website & FB pages. Susan makes reference to funding to FRU from broadcast revenue. The last thing we want is for our boys to go ill equipped to the up coming RWC 2015.
(6) Why did the Hon ASK LIE that FBC has more coverage than Fiji TV? Refer to my postings on Dec 17 or 18 Dec on my FB page.
(7) Who does FBC’s media survey? Give us the name so that we know which reputable & outstanding company FBC uses, the people of Fiji as taxpayers are paying for this research & demand & have the right to know this public information.
Fiji TV uses AC Nielsen – they are the only media company in the South Pacific (excluding Aust & NZ) that uses AC Nielsen. The World uses AC Nielsen (CNN, Fox, Sony Picture, All major TV broadcasters in NZ, Aust & all over, Colgate, Sheraton Group, Proctor & Gamble – all multinational & global companies). AC Nielsen is a public listed company (like Fiji TV and FHL) & or is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Refer to my AC Nielsen posting on my FB page on Dec 17/18th.
(8) Contracts are declared null & void where elements of “fraud, duress & unconscionable conduct” are present – numerous case laws & precedents. The sub – license agreement between Fiji TV & FBC falls within the ambit of a ‘nullified & void’ contract given that manner in which the Hon ASK dealt with this issue – certainly did not help with all these docs appearing on social media pages. More so, when Fareed & Naiveli signed ‘knowingly & intentionally’ without Fiji TV board resolution & against its shareholders interest(which indirectly includes Class A & Class B FHL shareholders).
Written by : Tanya M Waqanika
SHIRLEY PARK: As Local Government Minister Bala continues to hide in the ‘bushes’ from the LAW, Lautoka residents converged on park on Saturday 10th January for “FAMILY DAY”
Its 2015 and the Chief Justice of Fiji can’t find a magistrate or even a special magistrate to hear Bala’s death by dangerous driving case!
“Your assumption Mr Mohammed Abid (Sacramento US) that the Lautoka ratepayers are probably barking up the wrong tree and not getting a reply to Shirley Park because “the current Minister may be the one who made the deal” may be closer to the truth than what most would like to put down in print. That version of events is an open secret here and is why I, who put that petition together and the Lautoka Residents and Ratepayers Association persist in wanting answers and knowing that proper procedure has been followed in giving away one third of a park that has value and meaning to the people of Lautoka.“