Original recipe makes 6 servings from http://allrecipes.com/
Eat Healthy Live Longer, Live Better
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a cruet or jar with a lid, combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt. Cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.